There is a huge increase in the number of mobile device users in the world. It is not only a phone but devices such as a tablet, E-Readers etc will also come under the category of mobile devices. Along with the increase in the usage of mobile devices, the use of mobile applications also increased considerably.
Business community across the world has realized the power of mobile apps as effective marketing tools and they have started depending heavily on mobile apps. This gives rise to the number of mobile applications. Besides, when the mobile device market started facing hectic competition, mobile manufacturers started opting for mobile apps to add more value to the products, which also resulted in the increase of mobile apps.
This increased demand for mobile apps created a demand for mobile apps developers. When the mobile apps started performing many days to day functions, mobile apps testing became necessary to avoid complications. This resulted in the increased demand for mobile apps testers. Thus, mobile app testing training, which is also known as mobile testing training became one of the most sought after courses of the new generation.
In order to cater to the ever increasing need, many mobile apps testing training programs have come up. There are many mobile apps testing training online training courses which are mainly aimed at working professionals who prefer to shift to mobile apps testing and at students pursuing regular courses.
In mobile apps testing training courses, or mobile testing training courses as they are known more popularly, mobile device testing and mobile apps testing will be taught. Since there are many different mobile platforms and the apps will have different versions to suit different operating systems, the course will cover all types of mobile devices, platforms and different versions of applications. Usually, emulators or simulators (specially designed software programs) are used in mobile testing and the course will cover that part also.
As mentioned earlier, there are many mobile testing training courses are available right now. The contents of the course may differ slightly depending on the priorities of different trainers. Still, most of the professional trainers are following the syllabus given below.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Mobile Device Testing
- 1.1 What is all about Mobile Device Testing?
- 1.2 Why is it required?
- 1.3 Terminologies used in telecom industry
- 1.4 Knowing about Mobile OS/Platform
- 1.5 Introduction to different mobile devices
Chapter 2: Setting up an Android Environment on your PC
- 2.1 What is emulator?
- 2.2 How to install an emulator?
- 2.3 How to launch the first app on emulator?
- 2.4 Explore the capabilities of emulator
- 2.5 Install a real time application on emulator
Chapter 3: Testing in Mobile Domain
- 3.1 Mobile Application Testing
- 3.2 Mobile Handset Testing
- 3.3 Mobile Website Testing
- 3.4 Test cases and general scenarios for mobile application
Chapter 4: Types of Mobile Apps Testing
- 4.1 User Interface Testing
- 4.2 Functional Testings
- 4.3 Usability Testing
- 4.4 Compatibility Testing
- 4.5 Interrupt Testing
- 4.6 Certification Testing
- 4.7 Performance and Stress Testing
- 4.8 Unique Challenges in Mobile testing
Chapter 5: Mobile Application Testing on IPAD IOS Android iPhone
- 5.1 Fundamental concepts of mobile app testing
- 5.2 Differences from Web app testing
- 5.3 How to start a mobile app testing project from scratch
- 5.4 Designing and setting up a mobile app testing lab
- 5.5 Exposure to various mobile devices and platforms. iOS and Android primarily
- 5.6 Native Apps, Mobile Browser Apps, Hybrid Apps
- 5.7 Real-Device, Simulation, Emulator, Reflector testing. Detailed defect reporting, screenshots etc
- 5.8 Challenges, Uniqueness and Best practices for MAT
- 5.9 Automation Tools: DeviceAnywhere, AndroidDriver in Java and Robotium